How do I hold an event in Memorial Park?
- Organized group activities and events
- The use of special equipment
- Vending and soliciting/fundraising
- Amplified sound or use of generators
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages
What are Memorial Park’s rules and regulations?
- No littering. Dispose of all waste in designated receptacles.
- Glass containers prohibited.
- No feeding of animals or disturbing wildlife or vegetation.
- Pets must be on a leash and picked up after at all times. Pet waste bags provided at entrances.
- No possessing illegal weapons or violating any state firearm laws.
- No open flames, fires, igniting fireworks.
- No motorized vehicles, including cars, trucks, golf carts, electric bikes and motorcycles, except those operated by authorized personnel.
- No persons or pets allowed in the fountain. No bathing or washing allowed.
- No destruction of park property, damage to park structures or vandalism such as graffiti, including chalk drawing.
- No skateboarding in park. No roller-skating or in-line skating on park structures, including the steps and the marble benches. Please do not ride bicycles in the park, especially when the oval is crowded with walkers.
- No climbing on sculptures.
- No overnight sleeping or camping.
- Power outlets are to be used by park staff and authorized vendors only.
How can I get involved with Memorial Park?
There are many ways to become involved with the city’s most iconic and beloved parks!
Volunteer opportunities range from park clean-up on designated days or when you visit the park to assistance with special events or fundraising mailings. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know where you would like to help.
We appreciate donations in any amount! You might wish to donate to a project or to general operating expenses; in honor or memory of someone special; or contribute to the Memorial Park Endowment at the Community Foundation for Northeast Florida. Click here for details.
Any individual or business can become an Adopt The Park sponsor! The program has five levels of sponsorship. Please click here for details.
Memorial Park Association’s Board of Directors is open to suggestions for individuals to serve on the board. Terms are currently three-year commitments, and each director serves on at least one committee: Board Affairs; Construction; Development; Events; Finance; Landscape and Grounds; Communications and Marketing
What is there to do in Memorial Park?
There’s much to explore in Memorial Park!
- Visit featured landmarks to learn more about their history and about Memorial Park Association’s mission to preserve, enhance and promote the nearly 100-year-old public park. Click here for a self-guided tour.
- Walk, run, or push a stroller around the wide concrete walkway in the shape of an oval. It measures one quarter of a mile (four times around the oval = 1 mile) if you want to keep track of your steps!
- The fountain and sculpture make an excellent background for photographs.
- The newly replaced 560-foot balustrade is great for gazing at the City of Jacksonville across the St. Johns River.
- Marble benches are strategically placed under shade or in the sun for your resting pleasure.
- The park lawn is the perfect place to spread a blanket for a picnic, kick off a soccer game, fly a kite or bask in the sun.